Sunday 24 October 2010

Sunday Reinforcements.

Here are the first three completed Seleucid phalangites.
Painted with Vallejo acrylics over a dark brown undercoat. I persist in painting my own shield designs despite the availability of some very nice transfers. Its not because I'm entirely mad, its just that I remain unconvinced of the longevity of decals. Whereas acrylic paint seems to toughen with age, some of the foundry macedonians I painted 10 or so years ago are virtually indestructible despite the lack of a coat of varnish.
A small gripe, the nearest phalangite already has a small chip in the paintwork on his sarissa, this was from a batch I undercoated with Army Painter spray paint last year. The stuff goes on fine and provides a good key but it dries far too hard so any knock or flex in the surface its applied to causes it to spall off.
Never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment