Sunday 20 March 2011

Alumwell Show Update.

All in all a very successful foray to Wolverhampton last weekend. Sadly no photos forthcoming because I forgot to take a camera. The demo games were of a good standard, the ACW offering and the Battle of Towton being worthy of mention. The Towton game in particular featured some of the best terrain I have seen in a long time; really evocative of a damp, cold Yorkshire day.

Purchase wise admirable discipline was displayed, I came away with a 1st Corps scythed chariot & a unit of their half barded companions and a couple of packs of Copplestone Castings Somalis as shown below:


These rogues are to be used as Arab irregulars for my Seleucid Army circa 217BC. The germ of the idea was planted by a post on The Miniatures Page concerning suitable miniatures to represent this unit at the Battle of Raphia. My thanks to Mr. Allen Curtis for the suggestion because to my mind they look just the ticket. I will take some credit though on account of the added beards on some of the more mature looking warriors. There are a few more to follow and then work will commence on the 1st Corps stuff, stay tuned for further updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment