Sunday 15 May 2011

I'm Alexander! No, I'm Alexander!



Two very different takes on the great man. The purple cloaked version was one of the first Macedonian figures I painted when I started down the fateful path of collecting all things Hellenic.
The lower Issos Mosaic version was done last Autumn.
It illustrates quite nicely how painting techniques can change over a dozen years for better or worse.
Incidentally both figures get used as sundry Seleucid Kings & generals my excuse being a lot of the statuary was modelled on the Alexander look so they would have garbed themselves for war in the same manner.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You have two of the dude?! I don't even have one yet. Nice work. Regards, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. The leopard skin on the first is great
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete