Thursday 1 December 2011

Burgos Regiment Command base.

Have finally finished the command base for Regimiento Burgos after what seems an interminable length of time; preparation for and enjoying of 'The Otherhalf's' birthday having got in the way somewhat, not to mention recovering afterwards.




So far I'm happy with the look of El Burgos, the uniforms are quite striking if somewhat fiddly to paint and the red-coated drummer makes a nice contrast to his brethren.
The flag comes courtesy of a file posted on the Liberators 1810-1830 forum by Capitan Games featuring a nice selection of both Royalist & Patriot standards and guidons for which I owe them a debt of gratitude, the quality of detail really is quite remarkable. I did texture up the white field and red ragged cross with some acrylic to give the whole thing a bit of life but so much easier than starting from scratch.
Once the last two fusilier companies have been finished this weekend then its back to finishing off the cavalry contingents and then its Venezuelan Rifles for which I will be using Perry miniatures 95th Rifles with green stuffed ragged trousers.
Hopefully it won't be too long before Perry release their Prussian Reservist plastic figures as I was intending to use these as a basis for the Patriot Cazadores Britannicos, but in the meantime there is enough to be going on with.

2 comments:

  1. Again, those are great.

    I'd be tempted, myself, to pack them a bit closer together (all my bases end up standing room only!), but then you'd have to paint even more, and they are clearly a labour of love.

    Cheers, Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. HGA: They look great; as I've mentioned before - I love seeing Victrix & Perry painted up as other nationalities. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete