Monday 12 May 2014

More Random Miniature Painting. Partially Nude Female Warrior WIP.

Another random entry with no possible practical wargaming use. This time an Enigma Miniatures fantasy female in the ubiquitous useless armour:







I don't as a rule go in for this type of thing but I do occasionally stray onto the Coolminiornot site to view some of the painting on display there ( frankly some of it is astounding) & decided to try & push my brush work out of my usual comfort zone of using simple shading & citadel washes. So far this represents about 10 hours painting time, most of which was spent trying to get the skin tones right by building up very light layers of paint. This leads me to three revelations:

1. Painting realistic skin tones is very, very difficult. And time consuming.

2. Photographing miniatures with very delicate shading without washing out the colour is even more difficult.

3. I need to find another wargaming project to work on before both my sanity & eyesight fail. Bit devoid of inspiration at the moment though.



2 comments:

  1. Nice painting as always, HGA; but, what kind of protection is that? Guess it's supposed to cause distraction in combat...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Dean, this is precisely the sort of thing that puts me off most female fantasy figures. But at least the pose is aggressive, not whimsical & the anatomical proportions are well, proportional. She'll regret the lack of a good sports bra in later life though.
    Regards HGA.

    ReplyDelete